28-year-old Nigerian bride dies on her wedding eve

A 28-year-old Nigerian bride dies on her wedding eve. Rebecca Oyedotun, a 28-year-old Nigerian lady, died after collapsing on the eve of her wedding.

Rebecca and her fiancé, Abiodun Oluwadamilare, were supposed to marry on Saturday, August 19, 2023, in Ogbomosho, Oyo State, but she died on Sunday, August 20.

According to reports, the Federal University of Technology (FUT) Minna graduate and friends were attending her bridal shower ceremony on Friday, August 18, when she collapsed around 10:30 p.m.

She was brought to LAUTECH Teaching Hospital in Ogbomoso, where she was revived, but her condition did not improve till she died early Sunday morning.

“Everything was set by Friday, the cows had been slaughtered and the meat fried, every necessary preparation had been made, there were a lot of people coming and going to rejoice with us, the groom and his people had come from Abeokuta,” a sister-in-law of the deceased, who did not mention her name, told Ogbomoso Online on Wednesday, in the presence of the deceased’s father, Evangelist Moses Oyedotun.

She also revealed that the groom’s parents had slaughtered their cow in Ogbomoso, unaware that tragedy was lurking around the corner. “We had bought ewedu to be used, ingredients had been ground, and in the morning of Saturday, amala (yam flour paste) was made, rice was ready, the venues were set, but the ceremony was never held as the bride was never available,” the sister-in-law added.

Though the deceased’s mother, Mrs. Ruth Oyedotun, could not utter a single word, visibly overcome by grief, the father, Evangelist Oyedotun of C&S Reformed Church, Isale-High School area, managed to say everything was going perfectly until about 10:30 p.m. Friday, when she was having the bridal shower ceremony with her friends and she reportedly slumped.

Fans excited as May Edochie landed a new hosting event amid marriage crisis with Yul

“We rushed her to the LAUTECH Teaching Hospital in Ogbomoso.” After some time, she was recovered and seemed stable, and on Saturday morning, a nurse told us, quoting a doctor, that she would be momentarily discharged to attend the ceremony to sign the marriage forms before being returned to continue treatment,” Oyedotun explained.

“However, her condition deteriorated again, and she was confined to bed.” We were even told to take her to Bowen University Teaching Hospital for some testing, which we did right away. Her spouse collapsed upon knowing and afterwards cried out, ‘Let me take her away.’ We were in the hospital all day Saturday.”

Her illness worsened till she died early Sunday morning.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *